TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL GOODS AND SERVICES SUPPLIED TO YOU BY COMPUTERMANIC. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BECAUSE THEY INCLUDE EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN RESPECT OF LIABILITY AND LOSS ARISING FROM THE GOODS AND SERVICES SUPPLIED BY COMPUTERMANIC.
- All contracts formed between Computermanic and users shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English Law.
- Any disputes not resolved by the normal complaints procedure will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England & Wales under English Law.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- We have the right, at our discretion, to refuse to supply goods you order.
- Goods are subject to availability. If we do not supply the goods we will refund any money already paid. We will not be liable for compensation or damages if we do not supply goods.
- We aim to deliver any goods within 14 days; however, deliveries may be subject to conditions outside of our control. All delivery times are approximate and we will not be held liable for any compensation or damages as a result of late or non-delivery.
- Please check the goods on delivery. If goods are delivered damaged or faulty you must inform us within 7 days of delivery. If you do not inform us within 7 days we shall have no liability for goods said to be damaged on delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- You will only own the goods once we have received payment in full. You will be responsible for the goods once delivery is made or delayed by you at delivery.
- To return goods please follow the returns procedure detailed under the Warranty Terms and Conditions.
- We do not accept liability for the costs of return, returns damaged in transit or not received by us. Refunds may incur a restocking fee and exclude postage and packaging fees and any advertising fees.
- Every care has been taken in the preparation of any offer. However, as far as is permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied as to the accuracy of information contained herein.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any web site not under our control, which may act as a portal for our site, or be connected by hypertext links from our site.
- To qualify for our No-Fix-No-Fee policy, the customer must allow Computermanic sufficient time and access to the computer/tablet to diagnose and fix PC/MAC problems (this includes return-to-base computer repair). If the customer does not allow sufficient time before a diagnosis can be made, they will be billed our standard labour fee £45. It is at the technician’s discretion whether or not a repair is possible. If the repair is deemed beyond economical repair then there will be no fee (other than a small return fee of £15 if return is required) We can also professionally dispose of said faulty equipment free of charge at your request ensuring safety to the environment of highly toxic electronic components that are commonly present within computer equipment.
- If the customer decides not to go ahead with a repair and wishes the equipment to be returned, they will be charged a small diagnostic fee for diagnosing the problem and return fee of £15 to cover some of the cost of Computermanic’s time and fuel.
- Maximum charge is the highest charge you will incur for labour on any repair, excluding parts and other services which are listed.
- In order for Computermanic to remain in business, payments must be made promptly. If an amount remains delinquent 7 days after its issue date, an additional 15% penalty will be added for each week of delinquency. In case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process. Please pay on time.
- Payment must be paid in full for goods and services over the sum of £150 before being carried out, unless stated for specific services. Under £150 Businesses are granted 7 days to pay outstanding invoices. (in the case where goods or service are under £150) Residential customers are required to pay by Cash, Card or Transfer upon completion or on delivery. (We Also Can Not Accept Cheques).
- All parts supplied by Computermanic are brand new, unless stated or requested by the Customer. Brand new parts come with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, unless stated otherwise, commencing from the date the item was purchased by Computermanic.
- Laptop screen warranty is for 1 year from date of invoice covering manufacturing defects only, this warranty excludes any damage/mishandling caused by the user.
- The warranty on any hardware will be null & void if any warranty sticker placed on the equipment is removed, broken or tampered with in any way.
- Equipment is only covered for faulty workmanship on parts, and for parts that fail due to manufacturing defects recognised by the component manufacturer. This warranty does not cover failure of equipment due to the system not being serviced adequately, or failure from “fair wear and tear”. This warranty does not cover repairs for the replacement of parts due to incompatibility. The warranty holder will be liable to pay for these repairs.
- Damage to a system or components, supplied by Computermanic, caused by power surges or spikes, including and not limited to, mains power and telecommunications connections, or to other unspecified sources, voltage fluctuation, amperage fluctuation, rust or corrosion, are not covered under warranty.
- Warranties do not cover loss or damage due to negligence, accidents, theft, flood, fire, earthquakes, electrical storms or any other act of God or any war related events.
- Computermanic reserves the right to suspend or cancel warranties for failure to pay monies owing to Computermanic as a result of non-warranty work being carried out on a system at the request of the warranty holder.
- All work is covered by a labour only 3 months warranty. If the same problem re-occurs within 3 months of the original repair (stated on the invoice) (software repairs do not include a warranty) , Computermanic will only charge for any additional parts that may be required. Excludes faults caused by software, virus and end user errors.
- Any repair performed on an item under warranty whereby no fault can be found, or the fault is not covered under warranty (i.e. software, virus, end user error or other non-warranty cause herein stated) a ‘No Fault Found’ fee may be payable by the warranty holder at the usual standard rate.
Returns, Refunds and Exchanges Policy
How To Return An Item
Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. Your must return the item within 30 days of your purchase.
- Please email email@example.com to request a refund and we will assign you a tracking #.
- Send your returned item to:
Returns Tracking #
32 West Green Court
- Include in your package a signed letter stating the reason for your return and the original receipt.
- Computermanic will not be responsible for the return postage if in the case that you prefer Computermanic to arrange collection on your behalf then the cost of that collection will be deducted from the refund amount.
Some items can not be returned if they are opened. These include Software, and video games. Merchandise that has been worn, used, or altered will not be accepted for return or exchange.
All items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, this will be deducted from your refund. We also do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order.
Refund Policies & Law
Current Sale of Goods Act (SGA) 1979.
A full refund
A buyer is only entitled to a full refund, within four weeks of purchase, if they have not ‘accepted’ the goods. Acceptance, in this context, occurs when:
- the buyer informs the seller of their acceptance
- the buyer uses the goods in a way that suggests that they own the goods – for instance, if they alter or customise them
- the buyer keeps the goods for a reasonable time without informing the seller that they have rejected them.
A free repair, free replacement, cancellation or price reduction
If the buyer has accepted the goods, they will be limited to a free repair or a free replacement within six months of purchase. (They can also choose to have the goods repaired or replaced even if they have not accepted the goods.
A buyer can ask the seller to repair or replace the goods at their expense, which the seller can refuse to do if it is impossible or too expensive compared to alternative remedies.
The repair or replacement must be done within a reasonable time and without causing the buyer significant inconvenience. If this happens, the buyer will be entitled to:
- a refund
- a price reduction
- a cancellation (‘rescission’) of the contract with a partial refund based on usage of the goods whilst in their possession.
Computermanic – DISCLAIMER
- Customer shall back up all data stored in the products to be repaired and remove any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs, DVDs or PC Cards before returning or submitting the products for repair or replacement.
- Computermanic does not accept any liability for data or software which is lost, corrupted, deleted or altered during repair. Customer accepts full responsibility for Customer software and data and Computermanic are not required to advise or remind customers of appropriate backup and other procedures.
- Computermanic will not be liable for any damage caused to other equipment by Goods supplied.
- Computermanic does not accept responsibility for any damage resulting from viruses or other malicious pieces of software that may have been transmitted during servicing or escaped detection.
- Computermanic have permission from the customer to replace assemblies or components with devices of similar, or better, design and capability.
- The customer understands and accepts that some applications may no longer work properly after a repair, due to the installation of different hardware or software. It is the customer’s responsibility to reconfigure or reinstall any such applications.
- Computermanic have permission from the customer to carry out the work on the equipment in need of repair.